Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Narrows!

This past week was Fall break! With the extra day without classes I went with a few friends down to the Zions Narrows in Southern Utah. We hiked from the top of the narrows all the way to the bottom for a total of 16 MILES! This hike wasn't just a normal hike either, it was through a river for the most part. We woke up at 4:30 and began hiking in the dark with frost on the ground and our frozen breath in the air. The first time that we had to cross a river, it was fridged! After crossing the river for the hundreth time, there was not more feeling in my feet which was actually a good thing because my legs were getting soar!

It was so early, I couldn't help but yawn


Sitting on a log! a good break from the river.
Despite all of the crazy hard things that we put ourselves through, it was all  worth it! I would do it again if I ever get the chance. That canyon was BEAUTIFUL! The walls were so narrow and so tall and the leaves were amazing bright fall colors. This midsemester break came just at the perfect time. LIFE IS GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment